Effective Date: 2/24/22
Last Modified: February 11, 2022
This Privacy Statement (the “Statement” or “Privacy Statement”) applies to personal information that MicroAire Surgical Instruments LLC, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “MicroAire,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) collects. This includes information collected via our website (www.microaire.com referred to herein as “Website”).
This Statement applies to information we collect on/via the Website, whether you use the Website via a computer, mobile device, or any other platform or equipment.
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website by MicroAire or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertisement) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Modifications to this Privacy Statement
We generally keep this Privacy Statement on our Website. You should review this Privacy Statement frequently, as it may change from time to time without notice. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Privacy Statement. WHEN YOU USE OUR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, OR TO ANY CHANGES WE MAY SUBSEQUENTLY MAKE, IMMEDIATELY STOP USING OUR WEBSITE.
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
When you visit our Website we may collect personal information such as:
- Information you choose to provide to us through our Website (e.g. email address, preferences, and contact information provided for user feedback purposes).
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Individuals who have opted into our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, and billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management, and may not be able to opt out of these messages in accordance with applicable law.
B. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide us, including any personal information, for or in connection with:
- Our contracted service providers that process personal information on our behalf.
- Affiliates within our current or future corporate group that process personal information for customer support, marketing, event management, technical operations and account management.
- Third-party networks and websites so that we can advertise on their platforms.
- Parties in connection with a merger or acquisition of our business.
- Public and government authorities, to the extent we are compelled to disclose personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
C. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy statement:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties to support our services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MicroAire’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MicroAire about our Website users is among the assets transferred. This Privacy Statement will apply to your personal information transferred to the new entity.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MicroAire, our customers, or others.
D. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS AND INDIVIDUALS IN THE EEA
This section supplements the information contained in this Statement and applies ONLY to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”) or individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA) (“data subjects”). Any terms defined in the CCPA or the GDPR have the same meaning when used in this Statement.
You have certain rights relating to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws, these rights may include the right to:
- Access your personal information held by us;
- Know more about how we process your personal information;
- Rectify inaccurate personal information and, taking into account the purpose of processing the personal information, ensure it is complete;
- Erase or delete your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information;
- Transfer your personal information to another controller, to the extent possible;
- Object to any processing of your personal information;
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your rights described above;
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent).
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Your personal information may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States. We have implemented safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection where your personal information is transferred outside of your country or jurisdiction, to the extent required by the GDPR.
Our websites and services may contain links to other websites, applications, platforms and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of these third parties are governed by their privacy statements, which you should review to better understand their privacy practices.
Our website and services are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16, or such other applicable age of consent for privacy purposes in relevant individual jurisdictions, unless (a) we have obtained consent from a parent or guardian, (b) such collection is subject to a separate agreement with us or (c) the visit by a child is unsolicited or incidental. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us by using the information below and we will take steps to delete their personal information from our systems.
G. CONTACT US
To ask questions or comment about this Statement and our privacy practices, contact us at:
By phone at (800) 722-0822 in the US and +1 (434) 975-8000 internationally
Submitting an online request here: www.microaire.com/customer-inquiries
Via mail at:
MicroAire Surgical Instruments LLC
2400 Austin Drive
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911
United States of America
Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org