PAL System Product Brochure
Compare PAL to Traditional Liposuction
Clinical studies comparing the PAL system to manual liposuction found that PAL aspirates 31% more volume per minute leading to a 35% reduction in procedure time.1
PAL is proven to reduce surgeon fatigue by 49%, offering a safer and more precise procedure. These benefits result in superior outcomes and faster healing and recovery rates for patients.1
The quality of PAL-harvested adipocytes has been shown to be similar to those harvested by manual liposuction; and PAL produces higher yields of loosely adherent stem cells, which may improve graft retention.2, 3, 4
“It’s dramatic how much better patients feel, how much more effectively we can treat them, how much more satisfied they are, and how far superior the results are compared to [traditional liposuction].”
– Dr. Gerhard Sattler
PAL Powered Handpiece | PAL-650
The PAL-650 from MicroAire® is a powerful, precision instrument designed for small- or large-volume fat extraction, body contouring and fat harvesting.
PAL’s smooth reciprocating cannulas glide through tissue, reducing the amount of physical effort required during liposuction, thus reducing O.R. time.1
Reciprocation increases control, helping the surgeon gently guide the cannula with greater accuracy, even through dense fibrous tissue. The result is a faster procedure, less fatigue and more precise outcomes.1
- Speed control on handpiece and power console
- Fully autoclavable handpiece and cable
- Anodized aluminum body
Weight 1.1 lb (0.5 kg)
Height 48″ x 1″ x 1.5″ (20.3 x 2.5 x 3.8 cm)
- 3 mm reciprocating stroke adjustable up to 4,000 cycles/min
Small variations in the number of ports, as well as their size and location on the cannula, can have a significant impact on performance and outcomes. MicroAire has developed several port configurations based on clinical studies and surgeon feedback.
Most popular cannulas for large-volume debulking and body contouring.
Well-suited for producing small, consistent lobules for fat grafting.
PAL reciprocation provides cannula uses that go beyond liposuction.
See the complete listing of PAL Cannulas in the PAL Cannula Brochure online at www.microaire.com.
MicroAire Standard Electric Console | 5020
- Simple touch-screen interface
- Controls two PAL handpieces at once
- Weight 14 lbs (6.35 kg)
- Height 6″ (15.24 cm)
- Footprint 12″x 14″ (30.48 cm x 35.56 cm)
- Electrical 300 W, 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
PAL is the most widely used and preferred alternative to manual liposuction.5
- Less Bruising and Swelling1
- Reduced Surgeon Fatigue1
- Faster Procedure and Patient Recovery1
- Proven Cell Viability2, 3, 4
PAL LipoTower® (USA Only) | ASP-1021
- Powerful surgical cart used for tumescent liposuction
- Strong, reliable pumps for both infiltration and aspiration
- Touchscreen interface and integrated PAL control system
- The only UL®-listed liposuction cart on the market
- Vacuum Pump Dual 1/4-Horsepower, Rotary Vane
- Vacuum Flow Rate 3.0 SCFM (0.08 m3/min)
- Vacuum Pressure 0–29 in/Hg (0–736 mm/Hg) at Sea Level
- Infiltration Pump Peristaltic
- Infiltration Flow Rate 50–700 ml/min
- Weight 185 lbs (84 kg)
- Height 4′ (1.2 m) pole down 7′ (2.1 m) pole extended
- Footprint 2′ x 2′ (0.6 m x 0.6 m)
- Electrical 120 V, 60 Hz (UL-Listed)
Sterilization Case | PAL-500
- Accommodates two handpieces, electric cable and up to ten cannulas
- Fits in most standard autoclaves
LipoFilter® Gravity-Decant Fat Processing System | ASP-CAN-2S
- Three-liter fat harvesting and separation system
- Large-volume decanting and washing
- No centrifuge needed
- Works with any lipo system
- Sterile-packed, single-use
PAL Wand | PAL-730
- Ergonomic manual handpiece for sensitive areas (such as the neck and back)
- Compatible with all PAL cannulas
PAL Component Part Numbers
|PAL-650||PAL Powered Handpiece|
|5006-PAL||PAL Cable (for use with the 5020 Console)|
|5020||PAL Electric Console|
PAL Accessories Part Numbers
|CAP-600E||PAL Washer Disinfector Cap|
|PAL-500||PAL Sterilization Case|
|PAL-700||PAL Single-Use Luer Adaptor|
|PAL-730||PAL Wand Manual Handpiece|
|PAL-1200||PAL 12ft (3.66m) Aspiration Tubing (5PK)|
|ASP-1021||LipoTower® with Aspiration and Infiltration (USA Only)|
|ASP-ADP-2||Adapter – Toomey-to-Luer Syringe|
|ASP-ADP-3||Adapter – Toomey-to-Luer Needle|
1. Katz BE, Bruck MC, Coleman WP. The Benefits of Powered Liposuction Versus Traditional Liposuction: A Paired Comparison Analysis. 2001. Dermatol Surg; 27:863-967.
2. Keck M, Kober J, Riedl O, Kitzinger HB, Wolf S, Stulnig TM, Zeyda M, Gugerell A. Power Assisted Liposuction to Obtain Adipose-derived Stem Cells: Impact on Viability and Differentiation to Adipocytes in Comparison to Manual Aspiration. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2014 Jan;67(1):e1-8. doi: 10.1016/j. bjps.2013.08.019. Epub 2013 Sep 3.
3. Cytori Commissioned Study, Evaluation of MicroAire Tissue Collection Method on Adipose Tissue and ADRCs. 2011.
4. InCell Commissioned Study, Comparison of Cells Isolated from Fat Collected by Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL) or Suction Assisted Liposuction (SAL). 2011.
5. Ahmad J, Eaves FF 3rd, Rohrich RJ, Kenkel JM. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) Survey: Current Trends in Liposuction. Aesthet Surg J. 2011 Feb;31(2):214-24. doi: 10.1177/1090820X10395508.
To order, call toll free 800-722-0822
MicroAire Surgical Instruments
3590 Grand Forks Boulevard
Charlottesville, VA 22911 USA
800 722 0822 or +434 975 8000
© 2017 MicroAire Surgical Instruments, LLC
All rights reserved. LIT-PAL-650 REV C