SmartRelease® Lower Extremity System
Endoscopic Soft Tissue Release System
NOTE: The SmartRelease® Lower Extremity System is not yet CE approved.
- Designed for transecting the transverse carpal ligament and fascia of the cubital tunnel, recession of the plantar fascia, and gastrocnemius aponeurosis.
- Onyx™ Low Profile Disposable Blade Assembly
- 2.9mm Eyepiece Autoclavable Endoscope — Connects to a standard camera coupler.
- Aluminum, pistol-grip handpiece — Turn-latch on top of the instrument allows blade assembly to be rotated for right- or left-hand surgery and locks the blade in any position along the rotation axis.
- Minimally invasive, single-portal technique.
- Easy to learn, simple to use.
- Endoscopic Surgery is highly effective and has been used for more than 20 years. Generally, it results in less post-operative pain, a minimal scar, and allows patients to resume normal activities in a short period of time.1,2,3
- Complete set of custom instrumentation.
- Surgical protocol developed and tested by a panel of surgeons.
- “A.C.C Chou et al. Endoscopic Plantar Fasciotomy Improves Early Postoperative Results: A Retrospective Comparison of Outcomes After Endoscopic Versus Open Plantar Fasciotomy. Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery. 2016; 55:9-15.
- “Tomczak, R. L. & Haverstock, B. D. A retrospective comparison of endoscopic plantar fasciotomy to open plantar fasciotomy with heel spur resection
- Thevendran G, Howe LB, Kaliyaperumal K, Fang C. Endoscopic gastrocnemius recession procedure using a single portal technique: a prospective study of fty four consecutive patients. Int Orthop. 2015 Jun;39(6):1099-107.
Reference document: LIT-EPFR-EGR-SALES REV B