Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release System
- Window at the tip of the assembly provides a direct view of the transverse carpal ligament and surrounding anatomy.
- Autoclavable Endoscope fits into the SmartRelease ECTR handpiece to provide excellent visualization of the hand’s internal anatomy.
- Lightweight aluminum, pistol-grip SmartRelease ECTR handpiece with turn-latch on top of the instrument allows blade assembly to be rotated for right- or left-hand surgery.
- Easy to learn, simple to use
- Documented safety and efficacy 1,2,3
- Surgical protocol developed and tested by a panel of hand surgeons
- Improved patient satisfaction—less pain, smaller scar and quicker recovery 1,2
- Disposable blade assembly features a retractable blade that rises straight up, without curving outward
- Designed exclusively for transecting the transverse carpal ligament
- 3.0mm eyepiece endoscope connects to a standard camera coupler
- Hamate finders prepare a path for the blade assembly
1. “Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release: A Comparison of Two Techniques with Open Release.” Palmer DH, Paulson JC, Lane-Larsen CL, Peulen VK, Olson JD. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery. 1993; 9(5):498-508
2. “Single-Portal Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Compared with Open Release.” Trumble TE, Diao E, Abrams RA, Gilbert-Anderson MM. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery. 2002; 84:1107-115
3. Results of Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Relative to Surgeon Experience with the Agee Technique” Beck JD, Deegan JH, Rhoades D, Klena JC. Journal of Hand Surgery, 2011; 36A:61–64