SmartRelease®, MicroAire's Endoscopic Soft Tissue Release System is a minimally invasive endoscopic treatment for plantar fascia recession.
SmartRelease® Endoscopic Soft Tissue Release System
Note: The SmartRelease® Lower Extremity System is not yet CE approved.
Endoscopic Surgery is highly effective and has been used for more than 20 years. Generally, it results in less
post-operative pain, a minimal scar, and allows patients to resume normal activities in a short period of time.1, 2, 3
Minimally Invasive, Single-Portal Technique
- Complete set of custom instrumentation
- Surgical protocol developed and tested by a panel of surgeons
- Intended for recession of the plantar fascia
- A.C.C Chou et al. Endoscopic Plantar Fasciotomy Improves Early Postoperative Results: A Retrospective Comparison of Outcomes After Endoscopic Versus Open Plantar Fasciotomy. Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery. 2016; 55:9-15.
- Tomczak, R. L. & Haverstock, B. D. A retrospective comparison of endoscopic plantar fasciotomy to open plantar fasciotomy with heel spur resection for chronic plantar fasciitis/heel spur syndrome. The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery. 1995; 34: 305–311.
- Thevendran G, Howe LB, Kaliyaperumal K, Fang C. Endoscopic gastrocnemius recession procedure using a single portal technique: a prospective study of fifty four consecutive patients. Int Orthop. 2015 Jun;39(6):1099-107.
Reference document: LIT-EPFR-EGR-SALES REV B